01 04 24: School Days Memories: Part 3:

 



I have very faint memories of the first mode of transport, which used to be someone from the family dropping me off to school(usually Granddad or Dad on their cycle)

Then, there was this cyclerickshaw (risk-shaw, rather, the way he would pilot his vehicle) guy who was ‘appointed’, to do the task. Besides the overload of kids in his rick, he used to also speak bad words(Probably hangovers from previous nights), and, one day, I used one of the bad words he would speak, at home. I had no idea what it meant, however, the next day, he was terminated for teaching me bad words.

Luckily, one of our teachers (KM) used to stay right opposite our house, and used to go to school via bus. Hence, she agreed to take me as well .. this was, I think Std IV or so. From Sursagar,(Next to Pratap talkies), we would get bus GRS 7613(Of course I remember the number)… and the same bus coming back as well, if lucky. Sometimes, if I was lucky, KM would be late in the morning, and I was accorded the luxury of us going by an autorickshaw.

From that to walking home sometimes as we got older, to finally getting my own hero cycle in XIIth Std since we had to go for classes as well, it was always a nice experience in every mode of transport... later, in the nineties we progressed to a bajaj scooty to a kinetic honda ZX, but that's a memory for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries