School Days Memories: Part 1

 

19 03 24



For some reason, the memory section of the brain always remember school days well, but, jog it to recall what I had for lunch or what I wore yesterday, and I have to strain . heh heh.

Since I mentioned one of the unusual guys from class, in the Reading related post recently, here’s some more memories on similar fun people.

To start off, let me recall people who really use to make us smile/laugh/guffaw in school days, by their remarks, innocent or otherwise. (Names shortened to initial, to maintain privacy)


1. There was this guy, D - he used to deliver gems of information every now and then, and he'd end with 'You see, Idea is India'.

2. There was this other guy, P . We used to have morning assembly, as all schools do. One of the prayers/anthems each week would be 'India is my country. (
https://www.indianmirror.com/geography/geo7.html) All Indians are my brothers and sisters'. Well, this guy would always add, in a louder-than required voice, and say 'All Indians are my brothers and sisters- except one'.(Pretty advanced, huh-thinking of marriage right from those days).

3. There was this teacher, Mr. S- he would always make interesting remarks like 'You can look over it, but don't overlook it' (referring to chapters in the books which were not so important)

4. There was this guy , D,  who used to always quote something funny about our teachers. Like, for one of our teachers who seemed to be putting on weight on either side, he said' First he slept on his back side, so that increased in size. Then, he slept on his tummy, and that increased in size'. So now, he's uniformly round.

5.There was our English(my favourite subject) teacher – whenever we couldn’t answer a question correctly, the retort would be ‘sit down, all my pretty wallflowers’.

6.The Maharashtrian guy, who would knock the classroom door, and say ‘Sir, Miaow?’ (Mi Aau? Is may I enter, in Marathi)

… still remember some more such people.. will write about their idiosyncrasies some other day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries