Memories of another day

 

Memories of travelling in Blue Star days:

-My first independent client visit, was to Surat.. at that time, we had a number of projects on the entire line from Baroda to , I think Kosamba(where Gujarat Nylons project was).

I was told by two-three people to meet them at Gujarat Express, near the pantry car.. imagine my surprise when the train came and I sae that half the pantry car was filled with Blue Star people, some travelling from Ahmedabad, some from stations in between, and some from Baroda. I joined the merry team, and got a place to sit.

As soon as the train left, the pantry attendant came up to take orders.. it turned out that people were allowed in the pantry car, as long as they kept ordering and eating… like, say, one order after each station. Finally when we reached Surat after two hours, I was, well, quite ‘fed up’.

The first meeting went off quite well, and, I even accompanied the client from Essar Steel to their sponge iron plant in Hazira(though that was not on the agenda). We were doing the Ventilation system for the plant.

Quite a refreshing first day outside office. Nice memories. More on these travels coming up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries