Gratitude


 Just sharing something which is a clear indication of how well the Secret works, whether we know about it or not. Today, I complete 33 years of working life. Back in 1988, I was having a vacation after college ended, in another city, and had left my CV with a friend, to apply on my behalf. Well, he applied, his own and my CV, along with 126 others.

The first interview, on 4th June, had me falling in love with the office location, and the genial office environment. I sent out a wish, that I be one of the people selected for the job. Well, this followed the second interview, and the 128 people were narrowed down to 64 and then 16 and then 4 of us. The final interview was on 8th June, and, I was the last one called in, and the only one selected. That was the first incident of The Secret working in my life.

During the 13.5 years in my first job, I can recall so many instances where the Secret worked, and, helped me reach from a Graduate Engineer trainee, to an Engineering Manager. In 1997, the Universe gave me a golden opportunity to go to Abu Dhabi on deputation… it was like a trailer, to see how the outside world is.. I worked for three months, from March to May, and this lovely experience told me that my job change, if any, would be to UAE.

And, voila, just when I was planning to move out from my first Co due to some specific reasons, along came a call from a friend who had moved to Dubai, this was in end 2001. I jumped at it, and, in Jan 2002, I was at my second job. From then on, it’s continued to be one blessing after the other from the Universe, right from switching over from my Engineering role to Engineering-knowledge -based Purchase role, within a few months of moving to Dubai.

Got another better offer in year 2006, after five years with my second Co, again just I wanted to change . Here, I stayed five years, and, just when I was wanting to go back to India , I sent out a wish to the Universe, and up popped a consulting job in my very own city in India. Took that up, stayed 2 years, and was missing the excitement of working in Dubai.

 Sent out another wish, and an advance thanks to the Universe, and, believe me, the offers began popping up one after the other- after receiving five of them, and, not accepting due to my instinct saying No, the one at my current job popped up, and I knew this was the one. Joined here on 15 12 13, and have been here ever since, working with a great team and thoroughly enjoying my work. Thank you a million times to the Universe, for always sending me the right signals.

I will write more about the experiences from the second job onwards(Already wrote, some time back about the first one), in future posts.

What I would convey from this to all those reading is, think back.. look at each incident in life, and, think over it… more often than not, what happened, is exactly what should have happened, and led you to a better life. Just keep upping your gratitude quotient(An attitude of gratitude as I always say), and keep sharing the joy around. Thank you for reading. The pic  sums up pretty aptly, what I want to convey. (And, yes, this also popped up just now)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries