A Beautiful Blog Award!
Suddenly I have two tags to do. I also have so many thoughts running around my mind, but, forget to note them down by the time I can put pen to paper and note it down.
Thank a lot, Lopa, for this award. It feels great to read your comments, and, an award- even more so.:)
Ok so here are the rules of this tag :
1) Thank the person who gave you the award. (I just did..:) See, who begins a tag even before the rules?Me, me!!)
2) Paste the award on your blog.
3) Link the person who nominated you for the award.
4) Share 7 things you find to be beautiful around you.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers or more
I would, of course, like to do this tag twice, once when I’m in Dxb next. Let’s see, let’s see. Today, it’s all about
, my favourite city. There’re surely more than 7 things that I find beautiful around me, but, well, here’s the Top 20, err, I mean, Top 7. If you don’t feel like moving to Baroda after reading this, it’ll mean I didn’t do a good sales job. Baroda
Let me divide this up, to make it simpler: Morning, afternoon, evening, night
1. Getting up and seeing only greenery outside our 7th Floor window. Going to
and it’s serene atmosphere. Beginning the day with prayers. Going to EME Temple for my morning walk, with or without a stopover at my friendly neighbourhood chaiwallah- I go there, simply coz the simple talks there brighten up my morning. There’s one guy who sits with crates of milk, and it’s fun to see how he greets his daily clients, reads us the news in Gujarati. And, of course, the people who come there, who make funny remarks in their morning freshness mood(The ‘Vaandro Udhto Udhto Gayo’ one (from one of my previous posts) was heard here only. Even the tea guy is feeling all charged up, and hopping around like he’s doing some aerobic exercises, while the tea boils. Good fun. Sayaji Park
2. At the park: I always close my mp3 player when I’m near the birds and animals section(the park is just outside the zoo area, which remains closed). The morning sounds of chirping birds, clacking cockatoos, et al, are music to the ears. Go a bit to the other side, where there’s the deer, lions, et al section. And, you can see some frisky deer hopping real fast up and down the mounds made specially for them.
3. There’s also some stags locking horns/antlers with each other making a clackety-clack sound. There’s also a museum and picture gallery, an aquarium and a planetarium in the Park, all of which I’ve not seen since the last 5 years or more. So, that’s something to look forward to.
4. Coming out from the park: There’s a guy who sells fresh juices of the healthy kind- adrak, tulsi, etc- makes a panchamrut that makes you feel really rejuvenated. Nowadays, he also brings green tea and mixes with adrak juice, etc- try it-you’ll get addicted to it.
5. Going to my friendly library guy in the station area. They’re a family –all brothers, cousins, etc and have 4 shops in their area. We first went to them when I was in, maybe IInd or IIIrd Std. Archie and Richie Rich reading charges used to be based on the price written- so, if it was 25 cents, it’d be 25 paise. But, that’s a tale for another time.
6. Except for summer time, when the 45 deg C plus heat gets on my nerves, the afternoon weather here is great- take a 15 min nap and you feel like you slept for 2 hrs. Maybe it’s also coz our area is so peaceful(touchwood).
7. Our City’s so good, you can go from one end to the other in max 45 minutes on a two-wheeler. Though, of course, courtesy some of the bad roads(All regards to the municipality, they’ve been repairing the Roads at great speed lately), it’s not too much fun to go like that.
VIP Road or New VIP Road (Read’ NRI Road’ on the two-wheeler, since most of the houses /bungalows in the area are occupied by NRIs and invested in by NRIs), hence the Roads are also made wider than the widest and there's hardly any traffic jam.
Well, that’s the Tag done already…maybe a Part II is required- all about the MSU and it’s various faculties, the Royal Palace and the part open for viewing, Crossword, Inox, 7 Seas, neighbours,……endless list, .:)
Bloggers to Tag: Should be easy- let’s see now- which bakras,err, bloggers to pick on...:) All the good ones, of course..The Beautiful Blogger award is hereby awarded by me to: Austy, LP, Poo, Manju, Dee, Sush, MJ, (Arunima, you're already tagged by Lopa, so you're allowed to do the tag once, yet, take the award twice..:))…and, the tag is also passed on to everyone else who's not too regular these days, but, would like to take up this tag(Cyn, you listening?)