To Rainy Days


What would you say if I told you that it rained cats and dogs on Friday night? You'd look at me like I was some kind of weirdo who'd seen a mirage, right?("Rain in the desert?" you'd say, *eyes upwards*). Well, it's true- since November end, in fact, it's been rainy season out here in Dubai, in fact,in the U.A.E. as a whole. Usually, I'm the kind of person who would sleep through any kind of storm or noises or maybe even fire but, even I got up on Friday night, hearing the sound of thunderclaps which repeated twice or thrice. As they say, the weather(s), they are a-changing all over the world. One blogger's reported that he saw lightning strike (Do see the youtube link..it's amazing, what people can shoot) the world's tallest tower six times, two weeks back. 

Now, on to the next news, would you believe that it snowed in the Ras Al Khaimah mountains yesterday? I can see more disbelief coming my way, so, here's the link. Amazing, right?

As a side effect, it's been freezing cold out here,too,specially the early morning times, when I go for my walks-but, it's great fun.
---
On to the end-joke:
The bank robbers arrived just before closing and promptly ordered the few remaining depositors, the tellers, clerks, and guards to disrobe and lie face down on the floor, behind the counter. One nervous blonde pulled off all her clothes and lay down on the floor facing upwards. "Turn over, Cindy," whispered the girl lying beside her. "This is a stick-up. not an office party!" 

And,just one more:
Two old dears having a coffee, one says to the other, "Did you come on the bus". "Yes", she replies, "but I made it look like an asthma attack" 

Till next time,keep smiling.

Comments

austere said…
Funny weather.
Hah! Its been one of the coldest winters out there too, Amit. Its sad how we're messing up the climates. And I saw the video of lightning striking the Burj tower in Dubai - lucky that these towers have good grounding for lightning. Still pretty scary for those on the top floors though:D
*coldest winters out here too.
Keshi said…
I guess the Weather is like my mood then? :)

Hows u Amit?

Keshi.
Unknown said…
I know... I was zapped to hear my friend from Muscat claim that it poured there!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries