I wish I'd seen this one ten days back!!:)
Isn't it great- how such simple things as a backache can humble you and make you realize the intricacies of the human body, the way the One Above has made us. Yes, I'm referring to a simple thing like a backache and how it can literally incapacitate us for it's duration! There I was, overdoing the walking/treadmilling/jogging bit.There I was, wanting to be a bit more helpful than usual and helping this friend who was moving to India, by picking up his suitcase with a jerk instead of in the correct way...turned out it was 26 kgs.And, perhaps it was the cause of my backache too, clubbed with all the other activities. But, all said and done, it gave me a good, forced rest. Two days of agony when at office because of the pending works and then two happy holidays(Friday-Saturday) to recuperate.
Actions which I was forced to take, during these days, and, which I still follow, sicne they seem to be right:
- Walk at a slightly lesser pace.
- Don't make any sudden turns/jerks of the body.
- Don't bend down(See one of the above illustrations)
- Waking up: Don't get up as if there's a fire alarm ringing. Stand up gently.
- Turning while sleeping- there's no rush. Turn lazily from one side to the other
- Don't sneeze violently.Try to quell the sneeze first, then, sneeze as gently as possible.
- At work: Remember Newton's law: A body at rest remains at rest..etc etc...He should have added' if it's a human, it adds to the back pain'.
So, apply an 'external force' and don't stay put at the computer screen. Get up every 1/2 hr or so.And,what better reason to get up than to get the customary drink of water!Or, the refreshing cuppa tea.
See, lessons learnt, there also!As I always say, everything happens for a reason. And, I end up having learnt something new each time!!:)
Thought for the day:
Cheerio, till next time.
Oh,and how could I forget a bit of humour: