If there’s one breed of people that I cannot understand, it is the gum chewers, especially when they try to chew and talk at the same time.
(Note: ‘You’ in this post refers to gum chewers in general, and not any particular person)
I mean, I know, some sugarfree gums are good for the teeth, but, why not enjoy them while, say, watching TV or reading a book or while standing quietly in a corner? Why do you have to sound like the food monster and go chomp chomp chomp on that gum, just when there’s a serious discussion going on?
What do I gather from this?
That you are not interested in the talks hence you are going chomp chomp? Or,
that you’re God, the all-knowing, so you couldn’t care less what is being discussed, because you know it anyway? Or,
That you’re hungry and waiting to be relieved so that you can go eat,till then this gum is your only solace? Or,
That you are trying to concentrate?
Other irritating habits of gum chewers :
- To increase the noise part of chewing, when they want to convey sarcasm.
- Stretching the gum out of their mouths with their fingers to see how long it can go and then pushing the gook back into the mouth.
- Suddenly blowing a bubble which goes ‘pop’, in the midst of a group of people.
- Spitting gum in bathtubs, so that the next person to use it sits on it and…..
- Spitting gum on the streets, so the next stepper on it will have a nice squashed piece of gum to get rid of when he reaches home.
All said and done, even I like to chew gum now and then, but, peacefully and when alone.
Thought for the day:
Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon.
Pun of the day:
I think you're laughing at these gags much too loudly and too early.
I think you're suffering from premature joke elation
Another thought for the day:
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
-- Oscar Wilde
QUIZ OF THE DAY:
Can you guess what the ad below is for?
Answer next time. Till then, take care and keep smiling!!