Happenings

(Quip for the pic: Shell-shocked!)

Thought for the day:Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

Whew-if I hadn't seen the ad, I wouldn't have believed it.There's actually a movie which has broken Sholay's record for longest running movie? This movie is 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge', released in 1995. It's still running at Maratha Mandir, week number 646 and going strong. I almost felt like what people say when they see someone after a long time, namely' kal tak to yeh itna sa tha'(He/she was that small till yesterday(when I last saw him/her)...the same goes for the movie,I guess- it's like it was released just yesterday and now see how many weeks it has run. I'm surely going to see it,when I visit Mumbai next, just to see the audience which trickle in/pack the aisles. How about it,Mumbai bloggers-Austy,et al? Have you seen the movie at MM recently?
---
Still on ads in Midday(Where I saw the above one), there's this ad about a play,titled 'The va*ina monologues. Good Lord, I was shocked. What a title-and,it's ad line goes' Let's talk about se*.On the occasion of International Woman's Day, we bring to you the award winning play. A must watch for every woman and man'. Now,if that's not being bolder than the boldest, what is? I wonder how this title escaped the eagle/hawk/narrow eyes of our moral police?
---
Where do brands suddenly pop up from, I wonder? We have this quaint area called 'Karama Shopping Centre', which has a whole row of shops filled with duplicates and originals(More of the former) of the biggest brands, be it a D&G Chaddi or CK line of designer wear. So,imagine my surprise when I suddenly found all the shops filled with Ed Hardy-caps,Tees,Jeans,you name it.I asked one of the shopkeepers' Ed Hardy who?' and he says, Heaven knows what the brand is or where it's from. It just arrived suddenly, and now it's a craze. Craze is the right word. I mean, imagine paying 50 dirhams(550 Rs) for a cap with Ed Hardy scribbled on it?
----
On to the end jokes:(Warning: Is this one meant to serve as a warning to those eager to get hitched? Keep guessing.LOL)

Dating process:
6 weeks : I love U, I love U, I love U.
6 months : Of course I love U.
6 years : GOD, if I didn't love U, then why the hell did I propose?

Gifts:
6 weeks : Honey, I really hope you liked the ring.
6 months : I bought you a painting; it would fit the motif in the living room.
6 years : Here's the money. Buy yourself something.

Phone Ringing:
6 weeks : Sweety, somebody wants you on the phone.
6 months : Here, for you.
6 years : PHONE RINGING.

Cooking:
6 weeks : I never knew food could taste so good!
6 months : What are we having for dinner tonight?
6 years : AGAIN!!!!

Apology:
6 weeks : Honey muffin, don't you worry, Ill never hold this against you.
6 months : Watch out! Don't do it again.
6 years : What's not to understand about what I just said??

New Dress:
6 weeks : Oh my God, you look like an angel in that dress.
6 months : You bought a new dress again???
6 years : How much did THAT cost me?

Planning for Vacations:
6 weeks : How do 2 weeks in Gilgit or anywhere you please sound??
6 months : What's so bad about going to Delhi on a charter plane?
6 years : Travel? What's so bad about staying home???
-----
Till next time, keep smiling

Comments

Keshi said…
luv that first quote...so true!


**6 years : How much did THAT cost me?

hahahaha!

Keshi.
Solitaire said…
I cannot believe DDLJ is still running!!!
austere said…
I'm not going allll the way to dadar to watch a ghisa pita print of DDLJ in a purana toota phoota theater.

My part of town's better.
DDLJ is still ON? Aiyo rama panduranga!
Unknown said…
Loved the end joke...

I witnessed the Shk Zayed Accident first hand! Will post some pics of it in my blog!!! Chk it out! Phew!

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries