Funny Articles

Thought 1 for the day: A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.

Thought 2 for the day: "Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - - to move in the opposite direction."
-- Albert Einstein

Yesterday was a day of reading funny articles- they seemed to pop out from every paper I pick up.

1. Luck:

The first one reminded me of my good luck charms(read’ idiosyncrasies’) from days of yore(LOL). I used to have a favorite watch which I’d always wear at exam time, there used to be a particular ‘wingsung’ pen which I’d always use during exam time(No matter that it’d run dry after writing half the paper and would need to be refilled). So, imagine my delight when I read that the ‘trends’ continue even today, in this article from TOI: Here’s an extract.

1. KP, a HSC student, whose exams just got over, firmly believes that blue underwear is lucky for him, and has been donning it regularly (“not the same one, though’’) in the hope of scoring well.
2. MBA aspirant AG does not shave and always begins an exam paper with the fourth question.
3. SSC student Akshay Chhabra wears a Saraswati pendant
4.Another boy wears only purple slippers to the exam hall.
5. Erol Lobo, a bright SSC student, stumbled upon what seems to be a favourite superstition while surfing online: “If you write the exam with the same pencil that you used for studying, it remembers the answers for you.’’ 6.An arts student has a peg of whisky ten minutes before an exam—for which he always carries a small bottle in his bag. Reason: it helps him diffuse his “conscience’’. “This way, I don’t feel guilty if I don’t know an answer,’’ says the boy.
7.RM Std XII science student from Bishop Cotton’s Girls’ High School in Bangalore, washes her hair before every exam to approach every paper. But this time, she insists, it did not help her in the maths paper. “Maybe I should try
doing it twice over,’’ she says.

2. From the local daily here:

Gone with the wind:

London: Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a $12,000 (Dh44,052) engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.
But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring - and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend - sail away over the rooftops.
Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.
"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.
"But I had to tell her the story - she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."
He is hoping the ring will still turn up.
"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.

End jokes:

There was a ladies golf tournament on. One of the players hit a bad shot off into the rough and had to make a difficult shot back out of a patch of brush to get back onto the fairway. The player ends up straddling a small shrub to get the correct angle for the shot and the female announcer said, "This will be an extremely difficult shot for her with that bush between her legs." You then heard this from the male announcer, "Snort... snort... gasp... brahaha hahahah!"
---
A woman went to see her psychiatrist. "I'm really concerned," she said. "The other day I found my daughter and the boy next door together, nak*d, examining each other's bodies and giggling." The psychiatrist smiled. "That's nothing to worry about, it's pretty normal." "Well, I don't know," said the woman, "It worries me. It worries my daughter's husband, too!"
---
A man called an old girlfriend of his and asked if she was free Saturday night. She said no but she would be reasonable.

(No,don’t ask me to explain this one!!!ROFL)

Till next time,keep smiling.

Comments

I like tat funny ads and the thoughts of the day. Makes much sense.
Keshi said…
Humor is a must in my life. Funny articles Amit ty!

Keshi.
austere said…
Tht part from the local news was over the top,kya karein..
Thanks for all the laughs!

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries