Brevity


Thought for the day: A good wife always forgives her husband when she’s wrong.

Today seems to be a day for brevity, so, here’s what made me ROFL recently.


The above bill’s a reality- it appeared on the front page of a local paper yesterday. It was aptly titled:
Finding creepy crawlies in your food now gets you a special 'bug in food' discount.

Seven diners at a Dubai restaurant were given this insect discount for four bugs they found crawling around in their meals.

S.H. said: "We were surprised when the receipt said 'bug on food' as a reason for the discount. I think they were trying to be funny. I said one or two bugs might be funny, but four is not funny anymore."
The diners accepted a 25 per cent discount, but didn't find staff 'bug' jokes funny.
It's not clear whether more bugs equals more discount, but perhaps 16 live bugs means the meal is free.
-------------------
Leave Applications from people sometimes make one smile. I came across a new collection the other day.Here they are:

"Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."

From an employee who was performing the "mundan"(Hair removal) ceremony of his 10 year old son:

"as I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days."

Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding:
"As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.."

"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave."
(This one might be quite true,and he might be taking 10 days off to celebrate?)

Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:

"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"

An incident of a leave letter:
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday."

A leave letter to the headmaster:
"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today"

Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day."
(This one's quite normal, I guess.LOL)
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave".

Then, how about covering notes:
"I am enclosed herewith..."
(This one is fairly common)

Another one:
"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."
(hehehehehe..must try that out someday!)

Letter writing:-
"I am well here and hope you are also in the (same) well."
(This one remains my favorite, and, I hear it sometimes!)
-----
If you still want end-jokes after all the above, hats off to you!!But, here goes just one :

Did you hear about the Irish g*ay couple?
Michael Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzmichael

Till next time, keep smiling.

Comments

austere said…
16 bugs... Now that's a city I wouldn't want to visit!
:)
Arunima said…
lol on the leave applications. Read it a while ago as a forward. Sometimes, I think of having another blog just to record nice forwards but considering the frequency of my posts, I think I better concentrate on one thing.

I'll be posting by tomorrow saar. (I am from the north east but I sometimes talk with a south Indian accent you see)
Anonymous said…
Yeah .. read that sometime back.. how are you Amit ?? Long time :)
oh my goodness i can't belive this bug discounts! kid me not! Lol.

whether its one bug or a trillion. i dun want any discount. i want a refund!:D

Thanks for sharing. i find this unbelievable! lol
AmitL said…
Hi,Austy-LOL...well,thats one way to look at it.
--
Hi,Arunima..hehe..even I keep planning to save all nice fwds..and,have..but,they get lost in the daily incoming fwds.
So,I fwd the good fwds to another email id.
Nice to hear your 'other accent'.hehe
--
Hi,Pallavi-whew-yes,looong time,indeed...how're you?How's the cardreading and the blogs??
---
Hi,SweetSC-well,it did happen here...even I first thought it was a spoof.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

Inventions and Discoveries