(Above pic: Look carefully-is it a view from the top or the bottom?)
Thought for the day:I feared change,until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly had to undergo a metamorphosis before it could fly.
Hi,all..How's the 'season to be merry' treating you? How's the year going to end? With a bang or a whimper?It all depends on you, of course. With most of the people on my blogroll being on a holiday, and, me feeling too lazily peaceful to think and post, I decided to do a bit of surfing to find some unusual/bizarre/zany events of year 2007. And, here are some of them:
- An Australian bank was embarrassed when it emerged that it had issued a credit card to a cat. The owner of Messiah, a ginger tom, had put in the spoof application to test the bank's security system.
- A 100-year-old woman in Germany moved out of her retirement home after six weeks saying she found the other residents not only boring but also "too old". She returned home to her cat.
- The Norwegian government abolished a regulation that had allowed stri*-clubs to claim exemption from sales tax on the grounds that their performances were an art form.
- Transport officials in Australia try to discourage men from driving too fast with a series of TV ads featuring attractive woman suggesting that speeding males were trying to compensate for inadequate virility.
- A town in South Korea which spent some 140 million dollars to build its own airport was then forced to admit that no airlines actually wanted to fly there.
- The Chinese capital Beijing began a campaign to improve its signposting in English ahead of the 2008 Olympic Games. Among signs in need of correcting were ones for "Pubi* Toilets," and "Deformed Men" -- the latter indicating facilities for the handicapped.
- A US man who ordered flowers for his mistress sued the florists after they sent a note to his home thanking him for his order -- thereby informing his wife of his inf*delity.
- A Belgian prankster reacted to a prolonged political crisis in his native land by putting the entire country up for sale on the Internet auction site eBay. The company halted the bidding.
Amazing,huh?What people can come up with-it b(l)oggles the mind.
On to the end-jokes:
How's this for a fun pun:
She was only a Jockey's daughter, but all the horse manure.
There was this rich Sultan. He left a call for 7 in the morning.
Factoid for the day: It isn't widely known, but the first toilet seat was invented by an Irish scientist in the 18th century. The invention was later modified by an English inventor who put a hole in the seat.
A happy couple went on a cruise for their honeymoon. Wanting toimpress his new bride with his knowledge of foreign affairs, thehusband asked, "Honey, what do you think about the Middle East position." His wife replied, "I don't know, have we already tried it?"
Till next time, keep smiling.And, a Very Happy 2008 to you!