Happy Days are Here Again(I almost said'Thums Up')

Thought for the day: “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Happy days: Oh,wow…two prizes in a day…ahem…the first one, was in Gulf News Friday magazine(No e-version available)..it was for a simple quiz on books(Google zindabad). Now, since it’s by a draw of lots, let me say, I’ve been trying to win since quite a few months, and, finally, succeeded. Prize is AED 100 worth of books(gift voucher), so, I’m going to enjoy this one.

The second one was the most unexpected. The other mega paper here, Khaleej Times. I had not even read the magazine yesterday morning, and, in the lazy afternoon, I was just beginning to go through the letters section(Feeling that my letter was not up to the mark, when I read that my name, and, also, that I was the winner for the week. For those interested, here it is:

The article I referred to was this one.

----

Still on papers, Gulf News is now available as an epaper, which is great. Here’s the link.

----

Still on links, for people who love Enid Blyton, for themselves or for their kids, I found a real treasure. Here it is.

------
I was chatting with Mehak a short while back, and, the topic was on how some Indian companies tend to have their preferences of employees, in the form of lobbies, for example, if the South lobby is strong, then, someone from the North will be elevated at a much slower speed than someone from ‘their’ area, even if the North guy is more deserving. It’s quite shocking, sometimes, to know that people put their personal preferences ahead of company progress, but, I guess that’s the way it is.

-----

That brought up the topic of how I sometimes get tempted to tell suppliers(whom I deal with) out here, that I am from Kerala or Tamil Nadu, when they begin the first meeting with such a question…I wonder, perhaps it’s my curly hair, or, perhaps having to deal with nearly 70%+ people from the South Zone, my features seem to resemble them now? That’s why even some restaurant guys tend to ask me’ R-and-a Chai?’, if I’m with a friend. (It took me a few weeks to realize that they were asking ‘Two teas’? Anyway, those experiences in Dubai deserve another post, I feel. Rest assured, it's just another of those events which add variety to life.

----

On to the end jokes:

(Warning: Please note, this is a joke, not meant to be followed in real life)

10 Cyber S*x Tips :

I am giving only the first three today, since I felt that you might not be able to,err, digest them all together.

1. Before becoming involved in any kind of cybers*x please make sure your spouse, boyfriend, kids, etc. are out of the room at the time, (preferably out of the house) and definitely not during a major holiday (when your in-laws are also present or at a time when all your relatives are in attendance). It really gets difficult explaining what you are doing undressing in front of the computer, drooling out of one corner of your mouth, moaning and groaning while the buzz of
various "toys" can be heard.

2. For men, before you begin, please check that your modem protector is on, along with the splash guard for your keyboard. It will stop the future embarrassment of telling the computer technician that your keys are "stuck" and you have no idea why.

3. For women, no matter what you are truly wearing, such as, sweat pants, sweat shirt, torn bathrobe, slippers, T-shirt with stains on the front, bloomer undies that could cover a car or be used for a parachute, always tell your potential cyber partner you are wearing a thong, garter belt with black stockings, and your best wonder br*, (the one that has everything pulled up so high your bellybutton is under your chin), and a pair of high heels. You don't want to destroy
that myth that all women dress that way when they sit down at the computer. As for what the man should be wearing, we all know that they are all n*ked and wearing just a smile.

Next point(s) coming up in next post.

----

Till then, keep smiling.

Comments

ektaran said…
Aaj GOLD lekar rahugi
austere said…
Congratulations on the prizes. But three pairs of specs wouldn't do, given the lukkhadom legacy (but you couldnt possibly tell them that)

I dont think I could possibly say that thought for the day out loud. Nah.
Anonymous said…
congrats on the winning letter. Enid Blyton ke liye thanks! I used to devour those books WAYYYY back when...and exchange with classmates **sigh** what wonderful days of bliss! I ended up giving all of my collection away when I moved here
San said…
i've got teh happy days theme song in my head now
Marlee said…
LMAO @ the cyer sex guidelines! hmmm...i should say I should try it now after the fact that u have so austerely written them for us! :-p (there can be a first time for everything!)

Enid Blyton? Looooooooved her...still read her once in a while...will check out the link.

by the bye, Congrats on the prizes!
AmitL said…
Hi,Ektaran...gold is yours,after a further comment.:)
AmitL said…
Hi,Austy..what lukkhadom?LOL...and, glad u liked the thought.
AmitL said…
Hi,Kaush...well,my collection is still preserved in India..:)I read them when I need to just forget all about work.:)
AmitL said…
Hi,San...happy days...happy singing.:)
AmitL said…
Hi,Marlee...tks for all three remarks.:)Let us know if u try the cyberse* hints...grin.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Perception

News roundabout

The Past, The Present, The Future