I'm really curious. Who invented the 'Va'. Or the 'Sha'. Or the 'Wi'. Or some such words. No, they're not some illnesses or prefixes. These are the words we invent when talking to people. I see the usage the max, specially in Baroda. Like: 1. Chai-Vaai peeni hai?(Want to have some Chai-Vaai?) 2. Naashta-Vaashta kar liya?(Did you have Naashta-Vaashta?) 3. Chutney-Vutney hai kya?( Is there any chutney-vutney?) 4. Lift-Wift nahin hai kya building mein?(Isn't there a Life-Wift in the building?) 5. Bombay-Wombay/ Dubai-Shubai kab jaa rahe ho ab?(When are you going to ....?) 6. Paise-Vaise milenge time pe ya nahin?(Will you get Paise-Vaise on time or not?) There are so many others I come across during the day, like, say speaker-veeker, phone-vone, kapde-vapde, dukaan-vukaan, that I have these rhyming words coming out of my ears, and, Arghhh!! Since the last few days, even I've started talking like this. Hopefully it won't be too rampant on my blo...
Thought for the day: Sometimes I think I understand everything,then I regain consciousness. -------- Television news is no longer what it used to be. Isn't it a fact? Earlier, the only news we could look forward to was what politicians did during the day. Now, we have everything in the news,in fact,sometimes,I find news channels more entertaining than the entertainment channels. Take,for example, NDTV-they give live temperatures from around the world, along with a video of the place too,right from Holland to London to Jaipur....that's much more exciting than a guy pointing at a map and showing clouds or the sun,na? Or, take the Bollywood gossip on another news channel,which had as it's highlight, the fact that Mallika Sherawat is busy slapping these days. No,no,not slapping as in angry slaps,but,slapping as in,part of her role in a movie called 'Ugly aur Pagli'(What a title!), where she has to keep slapping Ranvir Shenoy. It also pointed out that she took slapping...
Hi,all!Well,I did mention a special post planned for today. And,so,here we go. What's special? Nothing much,except that it's now five years since I wrote my first post on rediffblogs,with the same id,i.e. http://amitsmusings.rediffblogs.com/ Instead of going back five years,let me begin with today and then go backwards to the first post,just for a change. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Today,blogging is my absolute favourite pastime. Why? Numerous reasons-firstly, I always loved reading,and, what better source to read,than,the unknown?i.e. Blogs-written by people from all over the world(Though,of course,I'd say-I must be reading less than .01% of the world's blogs-has anyone done a consensus on how many blogs exist?LOL).'Unknown',of course,means,I can never predict what I'll find on my favourite blogs. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some blogs and bloggers hav...
Comments